Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer - NYLT

I know it’s been a while, I but I just wanted to go back to record our summer break. It was good. Real good. Everyone was so busy this year – perhaps that was the trick to a good summer….yep, I think so.

Jeff went to NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training) for Boy Scouts. How we talked him into that, is beyond me. I think we were just so convincing, he didn’t feel like he had a choice. When he did rarely complain (at the end) ,we would remind him how great it would look on his resume and college applications…then he was fine. He started taking the classes in February – they were monthly and took up many of his Saturdays and by the time June came, he had went through the program and was able to serve on staff for new boys in NYLT. His assignment was kitchen Quartermaster – so he was assistant cook all week….and actually loved it. After coming home, he gave me an entire lesson on cutting watermelons….I had no idea I was doing it wrong all this time. He also had to teach classes. What a great experience! I love Scouting!

No comments: