Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend!

Wasn't conference good? I was listening to talk radio a little too much last Thursday and Friday and it really got me down. I couldn't wait until General Conference to get that boost I needed...and it succeeded. The talks were just excellent and were just what I needed to hear -- especially about gratitude - finding joy in our journey.....and then learning from our mistakes and doing better. I know we all hear different things - but these are the things that rang true with me. I can't wait to study them more next month.

We had the most perfect weather this weekend --- on Saturday it was cloudy all day with the temps in the high 70's...maybe low 80's. Almost chilly...hey, I said ALMOST. Anyway, it put me in the perfect baking mood -- so I rolled out a big batch of cinnamon rolls that my family almost entirely consumed at this hour. Conference and fresh cinnamon rolls -- is there a better combination? Today we had another gorgeous day -- beautiful enough to get a break from the kids once in a while since they would hang out in the backyard....because once conference ends at 3pm, it becomes a VERY LONG SUNDAY!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so great to hear from you! I have oftened wondered where you were and how your family is doing..you have really grown. I think about your sweet daughter Amanda and now I see you have more kids to add to your eternal family. Gosh, it's good to see you guys. Whenever I see an old grand am, I always say...that reminds me of the Hartmans!

Unknown said...

I just went back and looked at more of your posts...talk about beautiful...you look exactly the same and you've had twice as many kids as I've had! Your family is so darling!

Anonymous said...

cinnamon roll recipe please?