Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane....

Like my new look? It only took until midnight last night to figure out how to change the background without losing all the stuff on the side I added (I had to mess with my html)...but finally did it. Now I'm tired.

I'm finally updating our weekend...unfortunately, I didn't take ONE picture. I know, what kind of blogger am I? I'll do better next time, promise!

On Friday, we had the kids carnival at their school -- they do it outside near the park every spring and have about 12 blow-up bouncy things, Fuddruckers caters it (yum!) with tons of games and booths. Our ward even had a cub scout recruiting booth this year to find me more new cub scouts (yep, I'm in charge of cub scouts for our troop), but no such luck. This year they had a petting zoo where the kids could actually feed the goats some dried type of food out of your hand -- Josh wasn't so sure about it. Darn, I didn't get a picture.

On Saturday night, we had our Ward's 5th annual Luau. It's a huge event and was so much fun. They even had real Polynesian dancers perform! Before the luau started, the committee in charge reserved places (5x8 spaces)on the wall for families to decorate and held a contest of the best decorations. Our family did a Sponge Bob theme and also had cut-outs of hula girls with each of our family member faces in the place of the hula girls face. Anyway, we won! And once again, no camera, no picture! You'll just have to picture it in your mind. I'm looking forward to an uneventful weekend where we have NOTHING planned -- but, it won't be this coming weekend...stay tuned.

No comments: