Thursday, September 4, 2008

German Pancakes

Okay, for those of you not privileged enough to own a famous Brighton Ward cookbook, here's the German Pancake recipe as show in the post below. It's sooo yummy and EASY...my family requests that I make it for breakfast a couple of times a month.

German Pancakes
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
6 Tbsp butter

Melt butter in 9x13 inch pan in 400 degree oven (I melt the butter in the pan while it's preheating). Mix eggs, flour, salt and pepper. Pour into pan. Bake 20 minutes. It puffs as it cooks (so cool to watch). Serve warm with syrup/powered sugar.
variation: add chopped bacon/ham if desired.

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Oooh, thanks! And guess what - I actually am one of the lucky ones with the Brighton ward cookbook. :-D Guess I just needed to know where to look!