Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bread anyone?

Okay, since my gloomy mood was continuing this morning, I dusted off my mixer after our long hot summer and decided it was the perfect day to bake some bread....thinking that perhaps it would cheer me up. The bread turned out so pretty and fluffy, and for once I didn't underbake it or overbake it...but after biting into a warm slice, I realized I FORGOT to add salt. GREAT --- so this shows how rusty my baking skills are --- what in the world am I suppose to do with all this UNSALTED bread....besides smothering it with a big slab of salted butter? Maybe my kids won't notice.....
Any ideas?

And on a cheery note --- I'm so relieved all of the marriage amendments in Arizona, California and Florida have passed. Maybe now California won't fall off into the ocean-- really, my little sister lives there and that would not be good. **snicker**




7 comments:

mpal said...

Your bread looks beautiful! I suppose you could make croutons and add seasoning, if your kids do notice, or make French Toast or a Breakfast Quiche - if all else fails you can always go feed the ducks! But, with enough honey or jam maybe they won't notice!

Heather said...

I don't know about the "no salt" but it sure looks good. =)

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Teresa you are so funny. I'm so glad I don't have a "positively perfect in every way" Mary Poppin kind of friend. I like Patrice's ideas but I'd love to see your families faces with as is bread.

Urie's said...

wow your bread looks so great. reminds me of the baking soda biscets I made once. Looked great but tasted nasty. You could just use them a a center piece for a while.

Paul Curtis said...

Seal the bread with varnish or something then use it for RS paper weights...it looks so good you can keep it for years.

Barbara said...

Actually, if you don't say anything, they may be so excited about fresh, homemade bread that they won't even notice!!

Teresa said...

You guys all have very creative ideas -- but I think I'll use the first one posted --- thanks everyone!